How to: replace one or multiple Nexcell blades
How to Replace one or multiple blades (mixing new and old blades)
- Always disconnect 12V battery and orange service plug FIRST before performing any maintenance/service. This for Safety purposes and to clear error codes and reset SOC back to 60%.
- It is essential to balance all blades by connecting all positive terminal together and negative terminals together with copper wire for at least 24 hours. Failing to do so could result in blade voltage unbalance and permanent damage to the blade(s). We sell professionally made balance cable with auto discharger.
- While equalizing the voltage, make sure blade voltage does not equal or exceed 16.5v. Discharge the battery if voltage equals or exceeds 16.5v. We sell professionally made balance cable with auto discharger at 16.5v.
- After installing battery pack, run the Dr. Prius App while driving and make sure "voltage diff" does not exceed 1v at any given time. If voltage diff exceeds 1v, park the car immediately and repeat step 2 and step 3.
- If you still experience an error code after following above steps, run the Dr. Prius App "Full Battery Test" to locate and identify the problem blade(s). Replace blade(s) if applicable and repeat steps 1~3.
NOTE: Difference in new and old blade capacity should not exceed 300mAh. To determine the true capacity, check out this link
-If you have any questions, please be sure to send us an email at support@NexPowerEnergy.com or reach out to us on Facebook.